COVID 19: Return to Class Guidelines
Last updated: 11th September 2020
25th September 2020
Following closely Government & IDTA guidelines we are now ready to return to class. To remain safe, healthy, and socially distant we will have the following extra measures in place (all measures are subject to change)
Entry to the venue for Think Dance Stars Classes – Potterspury Village Hall
- Ingress will be via the rear door only.
- Please observe social distancing when waiting to enter the building and use the markers as a visual guide.
-Face coverings must be worn when in the venue. Children under 11yrs are exempt from these rules. If your child is over 11 we would ask that they wear their face covering until track and trace is complete. They will then be able to remove it to take part in the dance lesson.
- Children under the age of 14 must be checked in by one parent/ guardian. We ask if a sibling needs to be present that they always remain with the parent/ guardian and social distancing is maintained.
- Temperatures will be checked using an infrared thermometer at the door if a high temperature is registered the dancer will not be permitted entry to the venue. If the temperature is ok the dancer will enter the hall. To maintain a one-way system, we ask parents/ guardians to then continue walking forward and not to walk back down the line. Parents/ guardians will not have access to the venue unless in an emergency.
-- A ‘track and trace’ questionnaire will be administered to make sure that we are complying with the government directive
- There will be a hand sanitising station at the arrival point. We ask that dancers please sanitise their hands upon entry.
- Children must not attend a session if they or anyone in their household has had COVID-19 symptoms in the last 48hrs. If a dancer develops symptoms within 10 days of visiting the venue, they must use the Test and Trace system to alert others with whom they have been in contact and must get a COVID-19 antigen test. Please visit https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-test-and-trace-how-it-works
for more information.
Additionally, if they have not been attending school due to another illness (not COVID-related) or you are self- isolating then they should not come to class.
- Egress will be via the front door. All other doors will be propped open to reduce contact points. A one-way system will be in operation. Children will be handed to their parents one by one. Please observe social distancing while waiting.
- Children should be collected promptly from outside the exit as we need to maintain numbers and cannot be responsible for any student outside of their lesson time. Please contact us as soon as you can if you are to be delayed.
- Attendance of classes is by pre-booking only; no walk-ins will be admitted until a change of directive.
- As the waiting areas will be closed, we request dancers and parents wait outside at the appropriate points until they are called in or their child is delivered to them.
Use of common areas and restrooms
- The waiting area in the venue will be closed until further notice, this is to limit the total number of people in the building. We encourage you to either wait in your car, go for a walk, or return home.
- Use of the restrooms is discouraged unless necessary. We would ask you to encourage your child to go to toilet at home before attending class.
- Access to the kitchen is limited to Think Dance staff only.
Cleaning of venue and entryways
- The venue will be thoroughly cleaned with antibacterial products before the start of classes.
- Lessons will be timed so that there will be adequate time to clean the venue in-between sessions.
- In between each class, all door handles and any seating used will be cleaned with antibacterial cleaner and the floor will be swept.
Social distancing during lessons
- There will be no dancer/teacher physical contact during lessons and teachers will stay in an allocated area which will be maintained using floor markers.
- There will be a maximum of eight people in the hall to start with at any one time.
- Due to the travelling nature of Freestyle Dance, travelling movements will be kept to a minimum initially until guidelines change.
- As 2m distance can be maintained, face coverings and other PPE are not required by law.
- We have been working hard to make sure that the content of the lessons will still be as enjoyable as before and fulfilling even without physical contact and restricted dance space.
- There will be antibacterial gel available throughout the lesson.
- There will be no access to the kitchen and refreshment facilities as this cannot be properly monitored whilst teaching.
- There will be no communal water or squash jugs available. Dancers are encouraged to bring their own drinks.
- All personal property is always to be kept with dancers including coats, bags, personal belongings. There will be allocated chairs for your items and use, which will be sanitized in-between sessions.
-Dance shoes or suitable trainers must be worn. Bare feet will not be allowed.
- The use of communal equipment/ props will be suspended until further notice.
- Dancers and teachers must arrive in their dance attire as changing facilities will not be available.
Booking and payment
- Lessons must be pre-booked and paid for in a half-term block
- Payment can be made via BACS or the online booking system
- In the event of the venue being closed due to COVID-19 dancers will be notified by email or text. We will try to give as much notice as possible.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Think Dance Education